The program for the 2011 Computer Ethics/Philosophical Enquiry (CEPE) conference has been posted, and features an impressive collection of international scholars and students in computer & information ethics, presenting papers on topics in the following themes:
- Intercultural & Interdisciplinary Computer Ethics
- Emerging Technology
- Philosophy of the Mind
- Ethics & Information Professionals
- Privacy & Anonymity
- Ethical Design
- Privacy and Information Warfare
- Ethical Research & Design
- Surveillance & Identity
- Conservation & Fairness
- Rafael Capurro, Ph.D. – Director, Steinbeis-Transfer-Institut Information Ethics
- Charles Ess, Ph.D. – Professor, Department of Information and Media Studies at Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Luciano Floridi, Ph.D. – Research Chair in Philosophy of Information, Department of Philosophy, University of Hertfordshire and UNESCO Chair in Information and Computer Ethics.
Soraj Hongladarom, Ph.D. – Director, Center for Ethics of Science and Technology and associate professor of philosophy at Chulalongkorn University
- Dennis Ocholla, Ph.D. – Senior Professor, University of Zululand
CEPE is a bi-annual conference is presented by the International Society for Ethics and Information Technology (INSEIT), and is sponsored this year by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s School of Information Studies and Center for Information Policy Research, and the University of Wisconsin-Stout, Center for Applied Ethics.