I’m pleased to announce that the School of Information Studies and the Center for Information Policy Research at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee are accepting applications for a postdoctoral fellow in information policy. We are targeting to select someone to join us in August 2010, so timing is tight. Application deadline is April 30. Details below, and feel free to email me with questions.
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Information Policy
School of Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
The information policy fellowship is designed recent PhDs who are interested in social, ethical, economic, legal, and technical aspects of information and information technologies with a focus on information policy and information ethics. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with research and teaching interests in the philosophy of information, critical/cultural studies of information, and/or advanced research methods.
Along with continuing their own research agenda, the fellow will work closely with the Center for Information Policy Research and affiliated faculty, assist in coordination of related events, work with current PhD students, and participate in the academic and intellectual community of the School. The fellow will be expected to teach one class in the fall and spring semesters. The stipend for the fellowship will be $38,000 for a 12-month appointment beginning in August 2010, with a $2,000 research and travel stipend. Fellows are eligible for benefits. Stipend for this position may be subject to future UW System furlough policies.
- Applicants must be scholars who are not yet tenured and who are no more than 3 years past receiving their PhD.
- Applicants must hold a PhD in a information studies or related discipline. Applicants who do not yet hold a PhD but expect to have it by August, 2010 will be asked to provide a letter from their home institution corroborating the degree award schedule. Verification of completion of degree will be required before the start date.
- Application packages must include: letter explaining research agenda, teaching interests, and appropriateness for the fellowship, curriculum vitae, writing sample, and 3 references.
- Send all application materials electronically to: Dr. Elizabeth Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for application is April 30, 2010. Decisions to be made by May 31 2010.