OneWebDay (OWD) is like Earth Day for the Internet: it was created so there would be a single day where everyone across the globe could join together to celebrate the Web, reflect on its role in our lives, and take steps to ensure its survival as a sphere for public discourse, the open flow of ideas, the spread of knowledge, the fostering of communities, and so on.
OWD celebrations are planned worldwide for Sept 22, and thanks to the support of the School of Information Studies and the Center for Information Policy Research at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee will have its own OWD event this year.
The details are below, and you can download the flyer here (PDF).
OneWebDay – Milwaukee
- Date: Monday, September 22, 2008
- Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Location: Spaights Plaza (located outside the Union), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Net Neutrality and Internet Policy Issues
- Internet Globalism and Ethics
- Ethics, Gaming, and Virtual Worlds
- Privacy, Social Networks, and Online Life