As it happens, I was discussing style guides with some of my colleagues today, when one joked that he was waiting for Google to announce thier own manual of style. That got me to thinking, what would a Google style guide look like?
Following Nathan’s formula, here’s what I came up with:
- All headings in Google font & colors
- Contextual ads alongside each paragraph in your article
- Publications embedded with RFID chips (cookies for online articles) to track where they are being read, but only Google sees the data
- Requires GooglePaper and GoogleInkJetCartridges (both in beta)
- Your paper won’t be accessible from China.